SABSA Foundation Certificate course - Security Architecture FrameworkTraining Courses and Certification Exam Preparation
Security Architecture Framework
This is a 5 days course (with a choice between the “Foundation” and “Architecture” modules), which combines the SABSA levels L1 and L2. For more information on this topic: Download the SABSA flyer (PDF) here.
Check below to find the training course, including the certification exam, that suits you best!
Official SABSA Certification
ACTAGIS, as the official partner of SABSA for Switzerland and France, proposes learning and preparation classes for SABSA certifications and provides the exams sessions.
Real life project experience
Our trainers have extensive practical experience in implementing cyber security frameworks and programs in large
The training is a combination of directly applicable theory, hands-on exercises, feedback from experience and class interaction.
The exchange of experience being crucial, our classes include a minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 participants.
English and French
The course is available in English and in French.
What our clients are saying
"Jeff Primus provided a great CISA training. His motivation, engagement and professionalism made the training really interesting and easy to understand. I enjoyed to take part in this training and would like to thank ACTAGIS for helping me to succeed the CISA exam."
“I thank ACTAGIS' BC-trainer for his professionalism and his motivation during this course which allowed me to obtain the CBCI certification. I recommend this training to anyone who wishes to strengthen and consolidate the topic of Business Continuity."
“During all of the CISA, CBCI and ISO 27001 LI sessions, the consultant openly shared his insightful experiences, carefully listened to all of the participants’ most puzzling questions, remarks, criticisms… and gave precious explanations, recommendations and advice.”
"I thank ACTAGIS, and especially Jeff Primus, for organizing the GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer –training, which is very useful to me in the context of my professional activities and which I strongly recommend. Organizing trainings for a limited number of participants enables to take full advantage of the courses and to exchange interesting information more easily between professionals active in that domain”
“I often find that you learn more from the experience of people in the room than anything in the training material and this was definitely the case at ACTAGIS. Jeff has a wealth of experience and he did an excellent job of adapting his delivery the training to the needs of the class.”
"I thank the consultant for this ISO 27001 training. His pedagogy, technical expertise and long experience in the field make the difference and bring real added value. Course materials are of high quality and the exchanges throughout this training allowed me to assimilate the material and go beyond theory."
“The course was highly interesting. The tools for managing a Business Continuity Program were teached in a very descriptive and understandable way. I can recommend this course to everybody having a key position in a Business Continuity Program.”
“ACTAGIS trainer has first hand experience in most the domains covered by the CISA program. This proved to be invaluable in making ISACA’s somewhat theoretical subjects very tangible and meaningful. Many thanks for this great step towards the CISA certification.”
"Thank you for the great course. I did really enjoy it and got a lot of new insights and a much better understanding about what matters in a Business Continuity Management System"
"Attending the GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer – training provided by ACTAGIS was at the same time a challenge and a pleasure. The content was extremely interesting and provided by a highly skilled trainer. The setup of the classroom, the small group and the given material contributed to make it successful."
“I had a great pleasure participating to the ISO 9001 Lead Implenter training provided by Jeff Primus from ACTAGIS. His engagement, professionalism, motivation and technical expertise gave me full satisfaction. Eeased by his ability of communication, I had no difficulties to assimilate the content of the course. Without any hesitation, I gladly recommend ACTAGIS to everyone who needs guidance for SMQ implementation projects.”
At our BCI certification training, the trainer managed not only to cover perfectly the specific, certification-related topics but he also opened windows and connections to other standardization bodies. It was an excellent week enriching our knowledge broadly. Thank you!
"The Business Continuity (BC) course with ACTAGIS enabled me to consolidate and reinforce the knowledge related to the domain. A successful training that will help me to bring BC practices in my company at a higher professional level."
"A great course and a serious levelling up with a good dive into the universe of CISA."
- Module F1: Security Strategy & Planning
- Learning objectives
- Module F2: Security Service Management
- Target Audience
- Your take aways
- SABSA Foundation Certificate Exam
The top ten competencies developed on this course are:
- Define information security and architecture and their role in the modern enterprise
- Explain security engineering principles, methods and techniques
- Describe the SABSA model, architecture matrix, service management matrix, and terminology
- Describe SABSA principles, framework, approach and lifecycle
- Use business goals and objectives to model information security requirements
- Describe methodologies for business case development and enterprise value propositions
- Apply key concepts and principles to the design of information security strategy
- Define architecture governance, compliance and maintenance processes
- Create a business attributes taxonomy
- Describe security domain models and explain conceptual business trust models
- CIO / CISO / CRO / CIRO
- IT Strategists and Planners
- IT Architects
- IT Development Managers and
- Project Leaders
- Software Managers and Architects
- Computer / Information Security
- Managers, Advisors, Consultants
- & Practitioners
- IT Line Managers
- IT Service Delivery Managers
- Risk Managers
- Internal and External Auditors
- A comprehensive knowledge of SABSA – the best practice Security Architecture Framework
- A detailed plan for defining and validating business requirements for information security
- A strategy for creating enterprise architecture customised to your own organisation needs
- Sample information collection and planning documents
- A plan to gain support for your security programme including a method to engineer and model value propositions and benefits for security
- An approach to managing your security architecture programme
The SABSA Foundation Certificate is issued to candidates who pass both Foundation Level exams. The exams are held at the end of the fifth day and each paper is of one-hour duration and contains 48 multiple choice questions. For more information contact us.
Courses with guaranteed dates
are highlighted in green
(subject to availability)
The “Actagis Guarantee” means that we will support you until you pass the exam of the course in which you enrol. Some limitations apply. See conditions.
You will be well prepared for the exam. Counting all our students, 98.3% have been successful.
All our courses are up to date. They have been adapted to the latest changes of the different exams. We are in constant contact with each certification organisation.