ISO 31000Lead Risk Manager / Courses and certification exam
Risk Management plays a vital role in an organization’s performance. Companies increasingly focus on identifying risks and managing them before they affect their business.
Our risk management training courses will help you learn how to deal with the highest risks in your information security management system.
Check below to find the training, including the certification exam, that suits you best!
Official ISO (PECB & IAS) Worldwide Certification
ACTAGIS, as the official partner and trainer of PECB for Switzerland and Europe, proposes learning and preparation classes for ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager certifications.
Real life project experience
Our trainers have extensive practical experience of in implementing business continuity risk management frameworks and programs in large organizations and are certified CRISC, ISO 27005 and COBIT5.
The training is a combination of directly applicable theory, hands-on exercises, feedback from experience and class interaction.
The exchange of experience being crucial, our classes include a minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 participants.
English and French
The course is available in English and in French.
What our clients are saying[cycloneslider id=”testimonials”]
Upon request, the following non-certifying introductory courses can be organised:
- ISO 31000 Introduction
- ISO 31000 Foundation
- ISO 31000 Risk Manager
The course description is taken from the PECB website.
Lead Risk Manager
Mastering the implementation and management of risk based on ISO/IEC 31000
- Who should attend?
- Learning objectives
- Course Agenda
- Educational approach
- Examination and Certification
- General Information
This fiour-day intensive course qualifies participants to develop the necessary expertise and knowledge to support an organization in implementing a risk management process as specified in ISO 31000.
Participants will also gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices used to appropriately manage risk, through all the principles of ISO 31000.
This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 31010 which supports ISO 31000 by providing guidance for risk assessment.
- Responsible individuals that need to assess an organization’s capability in managing risk
- Managers and implementers of risk management
- Responsible individuals that need to ensure that they are effectively managing risk within an organization
- Risk analyst and management officers
- Line managers and project managers
- Executive managers and line managers across all organizations, public and private
- Professionals responsible for the development of standards, guides, procedures and codes of practice that show the way the risk is managed inside the context of these documents.
- Understand the basic concepts of risk management based on ISO 31000 and its principal processes
- Understand the goal, content and correlation between ISO 31000 and ISO/IEC 31010 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques for the implementation and effective management of risk
- Interpret the ISO 31000 requirements on risk management in a specific context of an organization
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to manage and monitor a risk management as specified in ISO 31000
- Acquire the necessary skills to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in Risk Management
- Strengthen the personal qualities necessary to act with due professional care when implementing a risk management programme
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 31000 and risk management programme
- Course objectives and structure
- Concepts and definitions of risk
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Implementing a risk management framework
- Context establishment
Day 2: Risk identification, assessment, risk evaluation and treatment according to ISO 31000
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Evaluation
- Risk Assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk Treatment
Day 3: Risk acceptance, communication, consultation and monitoring according to ISO 31000
- Risk Acceptance
- Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk Monitoring and Review
- Risk types
Day 4: Risk assessment methodologies according to ISO/IEC 31010
- Risk management methodologies based on ISO/IEC 31010 (part 1)
- Risk management methodologies based on ISO/IEC 31010 (part 2)
- Competence, evaluation and closing the training
- Certification Exam
- Five years of professional experience
- Two years of Risk Management related work experience
- Risk Management activities totaling 300 hours
- Signing the PECB code of ethics
- This training is based on both, theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
The “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in risk management
- Domain 2: Management of a risk programme
- Domain 3: Risk assessment based on ISO 31000
- Domain 4: Risk treatment based on ISO 31000
- Domain 5: Risk communication, consultation, monitoring and review based on ISO 31000 The “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
Duration: 3 hours
For more information about the exam, refer to PECB section on ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Exam
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to the participants
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants
- In case of failure of the exam,participant are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
- ISO 31000 and ISO/IEC 31010 provide guidance for risk management to which organizations cannot get certified against
Courses with guaranteed dates
are highlighted in green
Course dates can be based on your requirements. Please contact us for the corresponding in-house or public session trainings, so that we can propose sessions taking into account your availability.
The “Actagis Guarantee” means that we will support you until you pass the exam of the course in which you enrol. Some limitations apply. See conditions.
You will be well prepared for the exam. Counting all our students, 98.3% have been successful.
All our courses are up to date. They have been adapted to the latest changes of the different exams. We are in constant contact with each certification organisation.