ISO 27005 Risk ManagerCourses and certification exam
Our information security risk management training courses will help you learn how to deal with the highest risks in your information security management system.
Check below to find the training course, including the certification exam, that suits you best!
Official ISO (PECB & IAS) Worldwide Certification
ACTAGIS, as the official partner and trainer of PECB for Switzerland and Europe, proposes learning and preparation classes for ISO 27005 Risk Manager certifications.
Real life project experience
Our trainers have extensive practical experience of in implementing business continuity risk management frameworks and programs in large organizations and are certified CRISC, ISO 27005 and COBIT5.
The training is a combination of directly applicable theory, hands-on exercises, feedback from experience and class interaction.
The exchange of experience being crucial, our classes include a minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 participants.
English and French
The course is available in English and in French.
What our clients are saying[cycloneslider id=”testimonials”]
Mastering the fundamental principles and concepts of Risk Assessment and Optimal Risk Management in Information Security based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Who should attend?
- Learning objectives
- Course Agenda
- Educational approach
- Examination and Certification
- General Information
This three day intensive course participants develop the competence to master the basic risk management elements related to all assets of relevance for information security using the ISO/IEC 27005:2011 standard as a reference framework. Based on practical exercises and case studies, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform an optimal information security risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle.
During this training, we will also present other risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and Harmonized TRA. This training fits perfectly with the implementation process of the ISMS framework in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard.
- Risk managers
- Member of the information security team
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
- Staff implementing or seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- To understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective risk management according to ISO/IEC 27005
- To interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 on information security risk management
- To understand the relationship between the information security risk management, the security controls and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization
- To acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing information security risk management program according to ISO/IEC 27005
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in information security risk management
Day 1: Introduction, risk management program according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Concepts and definitions related to risk management
- Risk management standards, frameworks and methodologies
- Implementation of an information security risk management program
- Understanding an organization and its context
Day 2: Risk identification and assessment, risk evaluation, treatment, acceptance, communication and surveillance according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Day 3: Overview of other information security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam
- Presentation of OCTAVE method
- Presentation of MEHARI method
- Presentation of EBIOS method
- Presentation of Harmonized TRA method
- Certification Exam
Knowledge on Risk Management and Information Security is preferred.
- This training is based on both, theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Principles for good Risk Management in Information Security
- Domain 2: Evaluate-Direct-Monitor risk management in information security
- Domain 3: Guidance for risk management in information security
- Domain 4: Evaluate the need and applicability of each principle
- Domain 5: Direct the adherence to each principle
- Domain 6: Monitor all key activities related to all the principles
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam is available in different languages ( the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 2 hours
- For more information about the exam, refer to the PECB section on ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager Exam
- After successfully completing the “ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam, participants can apply for the credentials of ISO/IEC 27005 Provisional Risk Manager
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- A student manual containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam,participant are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
Courses with guaranteed dates
are highlighted in green
Course dates can be based on your requirements. Please contact us for the corresponding in-house or public session trainings, so that we can propose sessions taking into account your availability.
The “Actagis Guarantee” means that we will support you until you pass the exam of the course in which you enrol. Some limitations apply. See conditions.
You will be well prepared for the exam. Counting all our students, 98.3% have been successful.
All our courses are up to date. They have been adapted to the latest changes of the different exams. We are in constant contact with each certification organisation.