ISO 27005 Risk ManagerCourses and certification exam
Our information security risk management training courses will help you learn how to deal with the highest risks in your information security management system.
Check below to find the training course, including the certification exam, that suits you best!
Official ISO (PECB & IAS) Worldwide Certification
ACTAGIS, as the official partner and trainer of PECB for Switzerland and Europe, proposes learning and preparation classes for ISO 27005 Risk Manager certifications.
Real life project experience
Our trainers have extensive practical experience of in implementing business continuity risk management frameworks and programs in large organizations and are certified GDPR, CRISC, ISO 27005 and COBIT5.
The training is a combination of directly applicable theory, hands-on exercises, feedback from experience and class interaction.
The exchange of experience being crucial, our classes include a minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 participants.
English and French
The course is available in English and in French.
What our clients are saying
"Thank you for the great course. I did really enjoy it and got a lot of new insights and a much better understanding about what matters in a Business Continuity Management System"
"Jeff Primus provided a great CISA training. His motivation, engagement and professionalism made the training really interesting and easy to understand. I enjoyed to take part in this training and would like to thank ACTAGIS for helping me to succeed the CISA exam."
“ACTAGIS trainer has first hand experience in most the domains covered by the CISA program. This proved to be invaluable in making ISACA’s somewhat theoretical subjects very tangible and meaningful. Many thanks for this great step towards the CISA certification.”
"The Business Continuity (BC) course with ACTAGIS enabled me to consolidate and reinforce the knowledge related to the domain. A successful training that will help me to bring BC practices in my company at a higher professional level."
“I thank ACTAGIS' BC-trainer for his professionalism and his motivation during this course which allowed me to obtain the CBCI certification. I recommend this training to anyone who wishes to strengthen and consolidate the topic of Business Continuity."
At our BCI certification training, the trainer managed not only to cover perfectly the specific, certification-related topics but he also opened windows and connections to other standardization bodies. It was an excellent week enriching our knowledge broadly. Thank you!
“I often find that you learn more from the experience of people in the room than anything in the training material and this was definitely the case at ACTAGIS. Jeff has a wealth of experience and he did an excellent job of adapting his delivery the training to the needs of the class.”
“I had a great pleasure participating to the ISO 9001 Lead Implenter training provided by Jeff Primus from ACTAGIS. His engagement, professionalism, motivation and technical expertise gave me full satisfaction. Eeased by his ability of communication, I had no difficulties to assimilate the content of the course. Without any hesitation, I gladly recommend ACTAGIS to everyone who needs guidance for SMQ implementation projects.”
“The course was highly interesting. The tools for managing a Business Continuity Program were teached in a very descriptive and understandable way. I can recommend this course to everybody having a key position in a Business Continuity Program.”
“During all of the CISA, CBCI and ISO 27001 LI sessions, the consultant openly shared his insightful experiences, carefully listened to all of the participants’ most puzzling questions, remarks, criticisms… and gave precious explanations, recommendations and advice.”
"A great course and a serious levelling up with a good dive into the universe of CISA."
"I thank the consultant for this ISO 27001 training. His pedagogy, technical expertise and long experience in the field make the difference and bring real added value. Course materials are of high quality and the exchanges throughout this training allowed me to assimilate the material and go beyond theory."
"Attending the GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer – training provided by ACTAGIS was at the same time a challenge and a pleasure. The content was extremely interesting and provided by a highly skilled trainer. The setup of the classroom, the small group and the given material contributed to make it successful."
"I thank ACTAGIS, and especially Jeff Primus, for organizing the GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer –training, which is very useful to me in the context of my professional activities and which I strongly recommend. Organizing trainings for a limited number of participants enables to take full advantage of the courses and to exchange interesting information more easily between professionals active in that domain”
Mastering the fundamental principles and concepts of Risk Assessment and Optimal Risk Management in Information Security based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Who should attend?
- Learning objectives
- Course Agenda
- Educational approach
- Examination and Certification
- General Information
This three day intensive course participants develop the competence to master the basic risk management elements related to all assets of relevance for information security using the ISO/IEC 27005:2011 standard as a reference framework. Based on practical exercises and case studies, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform an optimal information security risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle.
During this training, we will also present other risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and Harmonized TRA. This training fits perfectly with the implementation process of the ISMS framework in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard.
- Risk managers
- Member of the information security team
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
- Staff implementing or seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- To understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective risk management according to ISO/IEC 27005
- To interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 on information security risk management
- To understand the relationship between the information security risk management, the security controls and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization
- To acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing information security risk management program according to ISO/IEC 27005
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in information security risk management
Day 1: Introduction, risk management program according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Concepts and definitions related to risk management
- Risk management standards, frameworks and methodologies
- Implementation of an information security risk management program
- Understanding an organization and its context
Day 2: Risk identification and assessment, risk evaluation, treatment, acceptance, communication and surveillance according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Day 3: Overview of other information security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam
- Presentation of OCTAVE method
- Presentation of MEHARI method
- Presentation of EBIOS method
- Presentation of Harmonized TRA method
- Certification Exam
Knowledge on Risk Management and Information Security is preferred.
- This training is based on both, theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Principles for good Risk Management in Information Security
- Domain 2: Evaluate-Direct-Monitor risk management in information security
- Domain 3: Guidance for risk management in information security
- Domain 4: Evaluate the need and applicability of each principle
- Domain 5: Direct the adherence to each principle
- Domain 6: Monitor all key activities related to all the principles
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam is available in different languages ( the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 2 hours
- For more information about the exam, refer to the PECB section on ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager Exam
- After successfully completing the “ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam, participants can apply for the credentials of ISO/IEC 27005 Provisional Risk Manager
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- A student manual containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam,participant are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
Courses with guaranteed dates
are highlighted in green
(subject to availability)
The “Actagis Guarantee” means that we will support you until you pass the exam of the course in which you enrol. Some limitations apply. See conditions.
You will be well prepared for the exam. Counting all our students, 98.3% have been successful.
All our courses are up to date. They have been adapted to the latest changes of the different exams. We are in constant contact with each certification organisation.