General Data Protection RegulationCourses and certification exam
Become acquainted to lead all the processes necessary to adopt a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organization.
Check below to find the training, including the certification exam, that suits you best!
Official ISO (PECB & IAS) Worldwide Certification
Real life project experience
Our trainers have extensive practical experience of in implementing business continuity risk management frameworks and programs in large organizations and are certified GDPR, ISO 27001, CISSP, SABSA and COBIT5.
English and French
What our clients are saying
“I often find that you learn more from the experience of people in the room than anything in the training material and this was definitely the case at ACTAGIS. Jeff has a wealth of experience and he did an excellent job of adapting his delivery the training to the needs of the class.”
“I thank ACTAGIS' BC-trainer for his professionalism and his motivation during this course which allowed me to obtain the CBCI certification. I recommend this training to anyone who wishes to strengthen and consolidate the topic of Business Continuity."
“During all of the CISA, CBCI and ISO 27001 LI sessions, the consultant openly shared his insightful experiences, carefully listened to all of the participants’ most puzzling questions, remarks, criticisms… and gave precious explanations, recommendations and advice.”
“The course was highly interesting. The tools for managing a Business Continuity Program were teached in a very descriptive and understandable way. I can recommend this course to everybody having a key position in a Business Continuity Program.”
“ACTAGIS trainer has first hand experience in most the domains covered by the CISA program. This proved to be invaluable in making ISACA’s somewhat theoretical subjects very tangible and meaningful. Many thanks for this great step towards the CISA certification.”
"A great course and a serious levelling up with a good dive into the universe of CISA."
"Thank you for the great course. I did really enjoy it and got a lot of new insights and a much better understanding about what matters in a Business Continuity Management System"
“I had a great pleasure participating to the ISO 9001 Lead Implenter training provided by Jeff Primus from ACTAGIS. His engagement, professionalism, motivation and technical expertise gave me full satisfaction. Eeased by his ability of communication, I had no difficulties to assimilate the content of the course. Without any hesitation, I gladly recommend ACTAGIS to everyone who needs guidance for SMQ implementation projects.”
"Attending the GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer – training provided by ACTAGIS was at the same time a challenge and a pleasure. The content was extremely interesting and provided by a highly skilled trainer. The setup of the classroom, the small group and the given material contributed to make it successful."
At our BCI certification training, the trainer managed not only to cover perfectly the specific, certification-related topics but he also opened windows and connections to other standardization bodies. It was an excellent week enriching our knowledge broadly. Thank you!
"Jeff Primus provided a great CISA training. His motivation, engagement and professionalism made the training really interesting and easy to understand. I enjoyed to take part in this training and would like to thank ACTAGIS for helping me to succeed the CISA exam."
"I thank the consultant for this ISO 27001 training. His pedagogy, technical expertise and long experience in the field make the difference and bring real added value. Course materials are of high quality and the exchanges throughout this training allowed me to assimilate the material and go beyond theory."
"I thank ACTAGIS, and especially Jeff Primus, for organizing the GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer –training, which is very useful to me in the context of my professional activities and which I strongly recommend. Organizing trainings for a limited number of participants enables to take full advantage of the courses and to exchange interesting information more easily between professionals active in that domain”
"The Business Continuity (BC) course with ACTAGIS enabled me to consolidate and reinforce the knowledge related to the domain. A successful training that will help me to bring BC practices in my company at a higher professional level."
Obtain all the competences and knowledge necessary to lead all the processes for implementing and complying with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organization.
- Why should you attend?
- Who should attend?
- Learning objectives
- Course Agenda
- Educational approach
- General Information
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and competence, for implementing, managing and aligning a privacy framework based on General Data Protection Regulation requirements.
Participants will be able to understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including, privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, etc. in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation which will help them be accountable in front of a possible inspection.
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including: privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of the new procedures and adoption of the new requisites presented in the GDPR, which will come into force and effect by the 25th May 2018
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of a lawyer firm
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team
- Expert advisors in security of personal data
- Technical experts and compliance experts wanting to prepare for a Data Protection Officer job
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection
Introduction to GDPR and Data Protection Principles
- Course objectives and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection principles
- Rights of the data subject
- Controller and processor
Data Protection Officer and Security of Personal Data
- Data Protection Officer
- Security of Personal Data and Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Transfers of Personal Data to Third Countries or International Organizations
- Provisions Relating to Specific Processing Situations
- Remedies, Liability And Penalties
Information Security, Incident Management and Business Continuity
- Information Security Management System
- Incident Management
- Business Continuity
European Data Protection Board and Supervisory Authorities
- Independent Supervisory Authorities
- Competence, tasks and powers
- Cooperation and consistency
- European Data Protection Board
- Codes of conduct and certification
- Certification Exam
- Five years of professional experience
- Two years of Data Protection work experience
- Project activities totaling 300 hours
- Signing the PECB code of ethics
- This training is based on both, theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 – Data Protection Principles
- Domain 2 – Controller, processor and the Data Protection Officer
- Domain 3 – Security of Personal Data and Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Domain 4 – Transfers of Personal Data
- Domain 5 – Provisions relating to Specific Processing Situations
- Domain 6 – Information Security, business Continuity and Incident Management
- Domain 7 – Independent Supervisory Authorities and European Data Protection Board
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- Exam is closed book and consists of 150 multiple choice questions
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
Courses with guaranteed dates
are highlighted in green
(subject to availability)