General Data Protection RegulationCourses and certification exam
Become acquainted to lead all the processes necessary to adopt a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organization.
Check below to find the training, including the certification exam, that suits you best!
Official ISO (PECB & IAS) Worldwide CertificationACTAGIS, as the official partner and trainer of PECB for Switzerland and Europe, proposes learning and preparation classes for General Data Protection Regulation certifications.
Real life project experience
Our trainers have extensive practical experience of in implementing business continuity risk management frameworks and programs in large organizations and are certified ISO 27001, CISSP, SABSA and COBIT5.
The training is a combination of directly applicable theory, hands-on exercises, feedback from experience and class interaction.
The exchange of experience being crucial, our classes include a minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 participants.
English and French
The course is available in English and in French.
What our clients are saying[cycloneslider id=”testimonials”]
Obtain all the competences and knowledge necessary to lead all the processes for implementing and complying with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organization.
- Why should you attend?
- Who should attend?
- Learning objectives
- Course Agenda
- Educational approach
- General Information
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and competence, for implementing, managing and aligning a privacy framework based on General Data Protection Regulation requirements.
Participants will be able to understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including, privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, etc. in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation which will help them be accountable in front of a possible inspection.
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including: privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of the new procedures and adoption of the new requisites presented in the GDPR, which will come into force and effect by the 25th May 2018
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of a lawyer firm
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team
- Expert advisors in security of personal data
- Technical experts and compliance experts wanting to prepare for a Data Protection Officer job
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection
Introduction to GDPR and Data Protection Principles
- Course objectives and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection principles
- Rights of the data subject
- Controller and processor
Data Protection Officer and Security of Personal Data
- Data Protection Officer
- Security of Personal Data and Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Transfers of Personal Data to Third Countries or International Organizations
- Provisions Relating to Specific Processing Situations
- Remedies, Liability And Penalties
Information Security, Incident Management and Business Continuity
- Information Security Management System
- Incident Management
- Business Continuity
European Data Protection Board and Supervisory Authorities
- Independent Supervisory Authorities
- Competence, tasks and powers
- Cooperation and consistency
- European Data Protection Board
- Codes of conduct and certification
- Certification Exam
- Five years of professional experience
- Two years of Data Protection work experience
- Project activities totaling 300 hours
- Signing the PECB code of ethics
- This training is based on both, theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 – Data Protection Principles
- Domain 2 – Controller, processor and the Data Protection Officer
- Domain 3 – Security of Personal Data and Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Domain 4 – Transfers of Personal Data
- Domain 5 – Provisions relating to Specific Processing Situations
- Domain 6 – Information Security, business Continuity and Incident Management
- Domain 7 – Independent Supervisory Authorities and European Data Protection Board
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- Exam is closed book and consists of 150 multiple choice questions
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
Courses with guaranteed dates
are highlighted in green
The “Actagis Guarantee” means that we will support you until you pass the exam of the course in which you enrol. Some limitations apply. See conditions.
You will be well prepared for the exam. Counting all our students, 98.3% have been successful.
All our courses are up to date. They have been adapted to the latest changes of the different exams. We are in constant contact with each certification organisation.